Re: Front Control Arms

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 22:36:17 EST

JameyWelch@freightliner.com wrote:
> Is there anyway that I can just buy the ball joints and not have to buy the
> entire kit? I really don't have 600+ dollars to blow on these things and I
> found out that it is not covered under the recall since it is a '99 CC 2WD
> 5.2L. Please let me know what you think. Advance sells the balls joints
> alone, by themselves. Thanks for your time guys!!

I think even the dealers are selling just the ball joints now. They
certainly aren't replacing the entire control arm on the recalled
vehicles...

In any case, you can get Moog replacement ball joints from RockAuto.com
(I'm sure someone on the list will be kind enough to post the current
RockAuto discount code...) At the moment they're showing Moog #K7241
for the lower @ $44.79 each and #K7242 for the upper @ 47.79 each.

The Moog ball joints are greasable, unlike the OEMs, which is also a plus.

-Bill