Pitman arm life

From: Bill Day (billday@otecom.net)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 02:39:59 EST

        Well, when I bought my DAK(used in '99), the following spring of 2k I had a
motor issue which most of you may remember, so I got a reman(I believe it was
a Marshall) because it came witha greater warrant on the short block then
the Ma MOPAR one, 3yr/100k vs 1yr/36k). Anyway, at that time, about 100k
ago, I had the pitman arm replaced by dodge witha factory pitman that is now
worn to wear i can hardly keep it between the lines w/out wind, letalone if
the wind is blowing.

        So now I am looking at next week, when I get new sneakers for my DAK of
putting in, yet another, pitman arm. Just wondering why I am having to add a
second one already, granted I have never put 100k on the clock of a single
vehicle(let alone in 5 years) so this could just be a routine wear out.

Any ideas?

--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and ever wanted.." http://counter.li.org #384146 284016