RE: Front Control Arms

From: JameyWelch@freightliner.com
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 18:20:03 EST

I have been experiencing very poor MPG recently and I get about 270-280
miles out of a 22 gallon tank which averages out to a little over 12 miles
per gallon. I have 4 worn out ball joints, tires that are worn from driving
on these worn out seals, and a truck that cannot be aligned due to the ball
joints being worn out. I have a K&N filtercharger and Flowmaster exhaust
and I cannot understand this poor mileage. I found out that I had a mil
light come on due to a blown fuse in my purge solenoid, I fixed that and
nothing has improved. It has only been about 10,000 miles since I changed
the spark plugs and I run Mobil 1 synthetic oil with Lucas Oil additive.
What should I do and what can I do to improve this poor fuel economy. Also,
I was told by the stealership that I had a air intake gasket blown, a
leaking water pump, and a seized idler pulley. The water pump doesn't look
to be leaking and the temperature is staying around 195, the engine doesn't
use a lot of oil so I don't know about the air intake gasket, and I am not
hearing a squealing noise so I don't think the pulley is seized. Please
help me with all of these questions guys. Thanks for your time!

Jamey