Re: Re: OT: '73 Dodge Ram 200

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 19:56:52 EST

Dan Kramarsky wrote:
> on the '73 Ram:
>

> Actually the guy now says its probably a 360 motor ( its a W200 )
>
> Here is the first 7 of the VIN: W24BF3S
>

> "F" in the 5th digit means an LA 360 engine right?
>

> Dan K.
> '92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.
>
> Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT, Trans-Go shift kit.
>
> Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.

VIN engine designation code is the 8th digit on newer cars/trucks. I
don't know if the 5th digit on that 73 is the engine code or not... but
VIN code F would indicate a 360 engine according to my computers at work.

If it has been sitting for a long time, pull the plugs and squirt a
little bit of engine oil in the plugs holes. Check for oil in the
crankcase obviously, and spin the engine over a little bit first before
trying to start it inorder to build up oil pressure a little and get
everything lubed.

Throw the plugs back in and try starting it. If its hard to start, it
could be worn plugs, poor wires/cap/rotor or old gas. I would drain the
gas out if possible - or at least add some fresh gas and some seafoam to
the tank to help remove any moisture or gummed fuel.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine