Starter troubleshooting

From: menefreghista (usriflecal30_m1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 20:08:46 EST

Thanks to some helpful people I made it home, but....I
went to start the truck (95 V8/auto) and nothing
happened. Plenty of battery to everything. But when
you turn the key, nothing. No click, nothing. So a
couple of guy come to help, looking at the
fuse/breaker box next to the battery, we switch the
starter relay fuse around and still nothing. I can
hear/feel a clicking at the starter relay fuse (big
black one). We disconnected the connector/plug that it
just under the fuse box area and jumped the end that
runs to the starter off the positive side of the
battery. With key on it cranked right up!
So what does this tell me????
Am I missing a fuse somewhere?
And the A/C compressor isn't kicking in either.
I just don't have time to mess with it right now.
Maybe this weekend.

TIA for your help!

eener

http://mail.yahoo.com