Re: 2006 Challenger Spied

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 22:16:58 EST

Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

<snip>

> That and the traction control system which makes it almost impossible to really
> light up the tires at a stop sign (and believe me, I tried when I test drove
> one).

> Walt
> http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
<snip>

Oh, the newer vehicles with traction controll are VERY capable of
lighting up the tires. I thought the same thing as you untill someone
posted a video on dakotausa of an 05 doing a burnout.

http://dakota.dhmotorsports.net/niceburnout.wmv

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, and it drove me nuts enough to get
me out to an old k-mart parking lot for some testing. :) About an hour
of trying different things I got mine to do one.

So it's not that they cant, but it's very tricky to do. You gotta
barely press on the brake, press the gas down rapidly, then press your
brake down. I still don't have the sub-concious ability to do it like I
do in the 98, but if I ever get in a life or death situation where I
need to do a burnout, I know I can. :)

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT
98 3.9 Sport