Re: Re: Bumper oops pictures

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 23:40:08 EST

Aaron Wyse wrote:
> That center section should come back pretty easy.. Look at it this way.. a
> Ford Escape managed to bend it in the first place.. SO you should be able to
> beat it back with a bag of marshmellows..

Yeah I'm really shocked at the size of the dent that Ford put into the
bumper. Yet again those front bumpers are pretty flimsy gauge steel.
Honestly you may as well just drive around with the thing off completely
- as the level of crash protection it provides is about the same as if
you had HVAC duct work bolted up there.

I've long pondered a way to fix up a "floating mount" to the front end
of my Dodges - to give the bumper some sort of spring mount... to allow
for energy absorbtion. Ever see the bumpers on the first generation
Ford Escorts? Those things could absorb a 15 MPH impact and not do a
bit of damage. They were well designed. ALmost a shock mount system.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine