Re: Bumper oops pictures

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 22:25:50 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Bumper oops pictures

> Terrible Tom wrote:
> >
> > Aaron Wyse wrote:
> >
> >> That center section should come back pretty easy.. Look at it this
> >> way.. a
> >> Ford Escape managed to bend it in the first place.. SO you should be
> >> able to beat it back with a bag of marshmellows..
>
> LOL!!!
>
> > Yeah I'm really shocked at the size of the dent that Ford put into the
> > bumper. Yet again those front bumpers are pretty flimsy gauge steel.
>
> Yeah, say what you will about the Jiggly Puff Marshmallow truck, it
> drove off with zero damage, which is a lot more than I can say about my
> Dakota. I guess the 5 MPH bumper rule must have come along some time
> after '95, at least for the trucks.
It's not that they're not supposed to show any damage at 5mph.. Basically
you came out with a minor cosmetic flaw; and that was by applying the
pressure between the bumper brackets. I never have been impressed with many
OEM bumpers(except my '72 Fury's); that's why the bumper on my RamCharger is
going to end up 3/4" thick on the front.. the thin sections are going to be
3/8". I prefer bumpers that don't give.
Aaron