RE: NOW: thermostat WAS: Cap & rotor with brass terminal

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 19:55:59 EST

I don't think I've got anything backwards....maybe you read my post wrong.
I think the t-stat is open when it should be closed.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6

From: "Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com>
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: RE: DML: NOW: thermostat WAS: Cap & rotor with brass terminal
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:50:30 -0600 (CST)

A. S. said:

> My check engine light has been on for a while. Everytime I check it I
get a
> code about it not reaching operating temp in the right amount of time.
So,
> I assume that instead of the t-stat staying closed while the engine warms
> up, it's opened up at least some.

You've got that backwards, the thermostat is most likely stuck open. This
allows the coolant to flow through the whole system all the time instead of
just the block until it gets warm.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com