Re: Replacement Tire recommendations for 2002 4x4 quad cab

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 20:15:39 EST

Miles D. Oliver wrote:

> Can anybody offer their recommendations or could offer suggestions for
> real world tire comparisions other than Consumer Reports?

Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com) has a pretty extensive collection of
customer reviews, and their prices seem to be pretty competitive.
Shipping is expensive, so be sure to take that in to account before
buying from them. Even if you don't buy from them, you can use their
site for research.

I usually skip the part where it wants you to key in what kind of
vehicle you drive and look for the "search by size" feature. They try
to hide it, but it's much easier than going through their "we want to
help our customers figure out what the smallest base size tire put on
their vehicle was because they're clearly too stupid to read a sidewall"
feature. It'll let you pick what types and brands of tires you want to
search through, so you can get just the results you want.