Re: RE: NOW: thermostat WAS: Cap & rotor with brass terminal

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 11:33:58 EST

Rick Barnes wrote:
> Agree with Josh, I think 192 is stock in mine and consider a Motorad Fail
> Safe which you can get at Autozone, if it sticks, it sticks OPEN, not
> closed.

Personally my experiance with those Failsafe thermostats is that they
tend to fail more frequently than a regular thermostat. I don't think
they are worth the added cost - you can pretty much count on it locking
in the open opsition sooner or later. The more common reason for a
sticking thermostat is not that the springs got weak... but from
deposits and corrosion from old or improperly balanced coolant levels.

For whatever reason the Failsafes tend to be troublesome. I've had
customers who were very displeased with them.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
89 Dakota - 89 Dakota 4x4 - 95 Dakota 4x4 - 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine