Re: OT Pontiac Ing Switch

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 07:47:32 EST

Bob Nichols wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> Sorry for the off topic post....I tried a Pontiac list but no help.
>
> My daughter has a 97 sunfire and the steering collum ignition switch
> won't turn.
>
> we tried rocking on the steering wheel and shift lever while tring to
> turn the key but no luck.
>
> can this thiing be broken out....like when a car is stolen?
>
> any ideas....i can't find anything on line that gives me any info on
> removing the cly or switch
>
> her car is stuck at school and I have to move it today
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Look ma! Up in the sky! Its a bird! Its a plane!.... No!.. its Chisel
Boy! Taa daa!!

*cough* - ahem...

Best thing to do is to hit your local parts store and pick up a haynes
repair manual. There should be instructions in there for removing the
ignition lock cyl... Usually however, you have to be able to turn the
key in order to remove the cylinder from the column. So yeah - you may
need to bust the lock out and replace stuff that way. I'll take a look
at a manual at work today for ya and post back on my lunch break with
any more suggestions.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine