Some more mindless drivel about the 1995 Dakota

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 01:32:20 EST

Ok, I'm going to assume that the NP207 T-case is a step down from a
NP231 right? Its SERIOUSLY lighter than the 231. Thus I'm assuming its
weaker?

I cleaned off the ID tag on the spare transfer case I have and
discovered thats what it was. And after a hit on the DML FAQ, it would
appear the truck for which the spare parts came off of was an 87 Dak.
The 5 bolt axle, the CAD equipped front diff unit, and the 207 all seem
to point that way. BTW - whoever salvaged that rear axle also cut off
the freaking shock mounts!!! So much for bolting that tube up easily.
Ahway I guess its easier to swap axle shafts anyway. Still have not
pulled the cover off the rear axle yet. I have the weekend off so I'm
going to do it tomarrow howefully.

Other things I noticed about this 1995... there seems to be some funky
bracket or whatever bolted to the rear of the transfercase housing.
Doesn't seem to do anything... its not connected to anything but a
rubber bushing covered by a square hunk of metal. Vibration dampner??

This truck has the typical Dak problems. Rusting out behind the front
wheels, and what looks like a very gunked up intake manifold. The
plenum is blown out for sure. The TB and the intake need to be torn
down and thoroughly cleaned.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I have just taken on
another project truck. (sigh) I really don't want to hack it up for
Christine. Which means I don't know what truck I will be taking to
Denver. Unless I locate another engine/transmission/donor truck...
(sigh) I've got three Daks now, none in good running condition, that I
want to do frame off restorations on.

I must be mentally ill.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine