Re: 06 Grill

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 19:06:02 EST

On Tue, December 13, 2005 3:29 pm, Josh Battles said:

> That sounds about right. The only chrome on my truck is my traction bars,
> and that's only because the other alternative would have been even uglier.
> Besides, I let them rust and they're brown now anyway. Does chrome even
> count if it's rusted?

Actually, that's exactly what I don't like about chrome: it looks like crap
unless you're OCD about polishing it. In all seriousness, I don't mind chrome
if it's tastefully done (read: actual chrome and not a reflective plastic
sticker, and every available surface does not need to have a mirror finish).
My biggest problem with it is the amount of work it takes to keep it looking
halfway decent. I prefer "fire and forget" solutions like powdercoating. I
do prefer the look of black powdercoat or even a brushed metal finish to
polished, but I'd take a polished stainless steel as long as I don't have to
be out there scrubbing it with a toothbrush every weekend.

Call me lazy, but I have better things to do with my time than obsess over how
shiny my truck is.