Re: Service Intervals on a 00' Dakota QC 4x4

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 02:17:15 EST

Andy Levy wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Digger <dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Was told:
>>
>>Front & Rear service every 35,000 miles
>>Transfer case the same(even if not using 4x4)]
>>Trans Power Flush every 30,000 miles..
>>
>>pretty much right?
>

> What's your owner's manual say?
>
> I did diffs & t-case at 12K as the 7/70 warranty allegedly required
> adherence to the severe usage maintenance schedule.

The severe schedule for me says diffs every 12,000 miles and T-case
every 36,000 miles. I don't recall what the less aggressive maintenance
schedule says since I haven't used it. With the amount of city driving
I do (and towing I used to do), it wasn't worth cheaping out on routine
maintenance items. Still, at 12,000 mile intervals the gear oil was
still fine.

I'll be interested to see how my T-case fluid is doing when I change it
in a few thousand miles. Haven't touched it for several years because
of how little driving I've been doing.

-Bill