Re: Re: Camaro Unveiled at Detroit

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 00:07:41 EST

Tom Byrne wrote:
> Looks like a modern version of a 67-69 Camaro.

...... you GOTTA be kidding me...

Its NOTHING like a Gen I Camaro.

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/artist_rendering_camaro.jpg

THAT is a modern version of a Gen I Camaro.

That rendering was floating around the net back before they actually
killed Camaro in 2002. That rendering depicts a Camaro done up in the
same way that the Challenger concept has been.

This new Camaro Concept looks like a bunch of stuff we've already seen,
mushed into one car. The upper rear end looks like part of a Corvette
and the lower half looks like part Dodge Viper. (the concept coupe that
hit the autoshow scene prior to the current Viper body)

The front end looks like a redone Monte Carlo SS (late 80s) and the
track width is way too wide for my likes. Camaro origially was a
realitivly small car with a long hood. This concept - at least the
photos seem to depict, that its bigger.

I think I could warm up a little more to it if the rear end was better.

I still hope they build it - and I hope it sells. But I'm buying a
Challenger :)

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine