Re: Computer Question OT

From: Daniel L. Burrows (havenx@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 00:05:12 EST

Daniel L. Burrows wrote:

> Jamie Calder wrote:
>
>> Where does one go when computer help is needed? The DML of course!
>> When I Send/Receive in Outlook 2003 I get an error message: "you don't
>> have
>> appropriate permission to perform this operation". This is on an
>> Administrator account. I'm sure it has to do with installing Trend
>> Micro PC
>> Cillin and Web Root Spy Sweeper because it happened soon after so I
>> completely uninstalled them but cant get my permission back. Thanks
>> for any help!
>> James
>>

> It this windows XP?

Go to My Computer>Control Pannel>User Accounts.... Click on the user
that you want to be default.... And then the window will change giving
you some options... Click "Change my account type". Fill in the little
circle that says "computer admin" and follow the rest of the on screen
directions.

Okay to go slightly more advnaced (incase the above in not your problem)
"Administrative Tools" this should change the contents of the folder to
some more icons... Okay at this point double click where it says
"Computer Management" and a new winder should pop up. There should be a
list of managment options (like in windows 2000) You want to select
"Local Users and Groups" That should bring up two sub catagories below
it and you will see users and groups... Under users you should see a
list of users... Your account with admin priv should be in there... If
not right click and add the user... Right click on the user in question
and make sure selections are correct... Next down the list you see the
"groups" folder, click on it... Right click on the administrators and
make sure your user name is in there...

If none of this works let me know and I will see if I can find something
else.