RE: Aftermarket steering wheel

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 13:58:36 EST

Mom and Dad, I know what I'm doing.

Don't need an air bag. The truck is reduced to race duty and commuting
to the race site only. I wear a 4pt harness also. Regardless, an air
bag is "supplemental restraint", so federal law prohibits shops and
dealers, but not consumers from removing them. I can remove my own
airbags and assume the risk of injury, but someone else can't. Because
it's 99 or newer, when/if I sell the truck I'll have to put an air bag
back in.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota