RE: squeaks (Was - Another Man Bonding with His DAK )

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 18:38:27 EST

On Fri, January 20, 2006 12:37 pm, Rick Barnes wrote:

> Agree Ray, lots of times it's the belt on mine. I just replaced the
> tensioner pulley recently but that is after 150k miles.
>
> Rascal

They do go bad though. My truck has 90k on it and my alternator bearings are
howling like nobody's business. I had some squeaking too and ended up
replacing the belt and tensioner pulley only to find out that the alternator
was making noise too. I think I've got a line on a rebuild kit for ~$30 so
we'll see if that pans out.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.