Re: Dakota Hill (National DML Meet)

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 09:37:27 EST

On Mon, January 23, 2006 12:24 pm, Jon wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Just got a hankerin' to do some research and decided to see what
> I could find out about Dakota Hill. For those of you that might not
> remember, Dakota Hill (elevation 10,929' - it would be called "Dakota
> Mountain" if it were out east) ;-) is a feature that Jason found when
> looking over some topographic maps of the area west of Denver. Anyway,
> as you might recall, given the name it would obviously be pretty cool
> to work it into the meet somehow. :-) Jason and I looked at it a
> little bit last year, and based on aerial photographs, it looks like
> there is a clearing at the top which might allow for a truck group photo.
> Looks like there is a decent amount of good offroading to be had in the
> general vicinity as well.

It looks like there's some sort of paved/packed dirt road that leads up to
the top, you think it's nice enough for us altitude challenged folk to make
it up there too? I'd definately like to be in on the group photos.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.