Re: OT - Neon Trouble already

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 15:26:29 EST

On Wed, January 25, 2006 10:31 am, Andy Levy wrote:

> On 1/25/06, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> I pulled the plug wires - and 3 and 4 did have oil all over the ends.
>> He said he put silicon on the tube ends to seal them? Arnt these tubes
>> supposed to have o-ring seals between them and the valve cover?
>
> Scary.
>
> Head gasket? Piston ring blow-by?

A head gasket or blowby won't cause the ends of his plug boots to have oil on
them. DURRRRRRR (LOL)

I'd be willing to bet that a valve cover gasket would fix the oil on the plug
boot issues though. I'm not too familiar with those things though, do the
plug boots go through the valve cover? How old are the wires and other
ignition components? What do the plug ends look like? Are you getting
adequite fuel pressure, etc?

You might want to check out the allpar forums, there's tons of information
about the neon there. I'd do a search for you but I'm lazy.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.