Second Battery/ Battery Relocation

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 23:59:10 EST

A while back someone relocated their battery back near or under the bed
of their truck, but I cannot locate the link. I have been thinking
about adding battery capacity, with a RV Isolator and an inverter rig so
when I camp, I have power. This would also allow me to self-jumpstart
if need be.

Anybody know how what kind of capacity/runtime I can get out of a couple
of Optimas and a heavy duty inverter? I would like enough to maybe run
my small compressor, so maybe 12-15 amps draw. Essentially, I think a
generator would be overkill for what I intend to do, but I would like to
have substantial AC from my truck, on occasion.