Re: Date night with my DAK - [lotta mods commin]

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 20:16:13 EST

On Jan 30, 2006, at 23:23, Barry Oliver wrote:

> Ok, after having to drive a piece of SHIT ford windstar minivan for a
> year and a half [87k on the van, barely 3k on the truck],

hey now, at least it kept your baby's miles down! though that's a LOT
of miles on a thing you hate...

> I now have a new job, a new groove, and a hankerin to dispense some
> lovin to my neglected Dak.

horay!!!

> Right now these ALL are technically just ideas for summer projects, as
> I want to make sure the road car is running OK enough to get me to and
> from work when it's too cold or wet to ride the bike before I start
> tearing into the truck...

another road car? what this time? if you scored another 325xi I'm
just gonna have to find somebody to kick your ass =)

> New Pro-comp 31x12.50 Mud Terrain tires [the BFG's have 60K and still
> 8/32 tread!!! but the procomps are get-one-free....]

if you're getting that kind of life out of the BFGs, you'll NEVER beat
it. and remember how spoiled you are with that.

I thought you needed some 17s though =)

> Optima Battery underbed Relocation I remember someone stuck their
> optima battery under the bed opposite the gas filler, and that seemed
> like a cool place to stash an extra battery or two.

I like this idea. just be sure they're held down in the battery box,
and you're able to get at them without too much fuss. if you can make
a battery box that is up above your frame rail I'm fully behind this
mod.

> I would like to just add capacity, maybe 1-2 extra batteries,
> depending on what fits, wired with an RV switch, maybe a set of
> towtruck quick disconects [them big grey clippies]
> 120V inverter [the bigger the better, big enough to run a small
> compressor or other power tools]

awesome.

> Under bed rail Neons [cargo lights]

I still like it =)

> Ok, so I am a bit tired and some of these may be better ideas than
> others, but, hey, that's why I am posting. Let me know what you
> think. What order should these mods be done in, and what am I
> forgetting?

whatever order makes you happy. oh, wait, get the 17s first. then
whatever order makes you happy =)

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |