Re: OT: Drive a Ford or get off the lot.

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 02:27:19 EST

>>You make another outstanding point Andy...why do the car dealerships have
be such con artists? <<

Now we're in my area of expertise. I've been in the car "business" for
several years and here's my take on the whole topic.... sh*t rolls downhill.
Dealerships are franchises. Much like your local Burger King or Rally's, the
local dealership has to set it's prices according to local demand in order
to make any money. There's a lot of shady stuff that goes on at
dealerships... they have to conform to Corporate guidelines to an extent,
but it stops there. You know someone who's been "blown off the lot"?
Meaning, quoted such an outrageous monthly payment on a POS that they don't
buy.... happens all the time. They do it because they have some other sucker
who's willing to pa more for the same POS. Dealerships know what they can
take you for. Do you think that you could only get a 9% interest rate? They
probably got you approved for 4%, but they only told you about the 9%
because they get a kick-back from that particular Bank. Nobody pays full
sticker.... ever. If you do, consider yourself f*cked over.
On to service departments. If they can't give you a COMPUTER PRINTED QUOTE
up front, run away. If they don't VOLUNTEER WARRANTY INFO up front, run
away. Get the name of the district factory rep and don't be afraid to drop
that name. The only real good thing about dealerships is that if you bitch
enough, you'll get free stuff. Service Departments get a bonus based on
customer feedback. If you are stull under your 3/36, you may get a survey by
mail. Dealerships get a bonus based on this survey. If you are under 3/36
still, then dealerships will kiss your ass just in case you might get a
survey. Your name is submitted everytime you go in for service, warranty or
not, so an oil change may result in a survey in your mailbox.... something
to keep in mind.
It is your right to know exactly what they did to your vehicle. Ask. If they
don't tell you, they're probably doing something shady...

They dealership I just stopped working for f*cked people on a regular basis.
Sales and Service. If you had enough money and bought enough vehicles you
got what you wanted... Joe Schmoe Customer got screwed daily. Rich people
got great deals, average Joe got blown off the lot. Don't be a victim...
avoid Grafton Dodge in Yorktown Va... also, if you think you're gettin'
f*cked, shoot an e-mail to me or the DML and we'll help you out.

Thanks for reading my Novel..... =)

-miggity
2000 CC FR R/T
MP PCM, K&N FIPK, 4.56 gears, M1 2bbl, Hughes 52mm, GSM headers and exhaust.

14.88@92.5 mph w/PCM and K&N only.