RE: Neon Fuel Economy

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 14:51:43 EST

Tom, my brother in Florida has a '95 Neon ACR, 5-speed (that he bought new)
and I've driven it quite a bit. The 2.0L engine doesn't have balance
shafts so it's normally a little rough at idle. Also consider that with
only 4 cylinders, any little misfire from bad plugs or wires will be
amplified compared to a larger engine. Your fuel mileage is about average
I would guess, since my brother's Neon averages just above 30 in all around
driving and he doesn't have the cold weather you have. It also has a few
mods and he runs the crap out of it. It has about 170,000 miles on it too!

I'm not aware of engine differences between Neon generations but after '96
they have OBDII so that might make some difference in performance. Don't
know if that's good or bad. :-)

So, bottom line, it sounds like you have a decent Neon and not much to worry
about.

Ray

.
.