Re: Subject: Re: OT: Drive a Ford or get off the lot.

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 05:25:54 EST

Here's a fun fact.... Guess who started unionized labor in America??
The anwser: Communists! :)

http://faculty.washington.edu/gregoryj/cpproject/grijalva.htm

Seriously, Ford and GM aren't hurting because their union, it's because
of what cars they make. If you look at your everyday driver, they are
concerned about fuel economy. They buy the hondas and toyotas because
theyre reliable, and get good milage.

How does a hemi-powered charger or a 4.6l Mustang fit into this??? It
doesn't. There's only a small percentage of people who want power, the
rest of them want economy.

This is exactly what happened in the 70's when the oil embargo hit. The
big 3 made their big boats, and the imports made economy cars. Everyone
knows that's when the imports secured a huge foothold in the american
market. And they're taking a bigger share now. Toyota just about took
over as #1, and theyre going to take more real quick.

So it's not really unions, or retirement pensions, or healthcare. It's
the stupidity of the people running Ford and GM.

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT
98 3.9 Sport

.