Re: Tire prices

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 23:11:28 EST

Ok, here's the skinny:
Costco used to (and sort of still does) sell Bridgestones. But they are
getting out of dealing with that company all together, no idea the reason
for that decision...
Bridgestones have been expensive for a little while, and i never understood
why. Costco does have one of the cheapest prices for BFG's that i have
found. About 2 months ago i happened to be in Canadian tire, and they had a
31x10.5 BFG M/T up on their wall display.
I hadn't remembered them carrying BFG's before, so i asked about price to
compare to Costco.
They were like 1 or 2 bucks more expensive than Costco.
But!!!! They had this program where if you paid an extra 6 bucks per tire,
for the tread life of the tire if you got any damage that was not
repairable, say a sidewall puncture that you could put your fist into...
they would replace the tire with a new one at zero cost to you.
Costco's policy is to pro-rate the tire, so if you have 50% of the tread
left on the tire when you chop it up on Steiger Stone (trademark pending)
then you get 50% of your money back on that tire. And of course they will
be happy to order you a new tire at full price.

Now, if you want to look more closely at Costco for your tires, wait until
they have a tire sale on.
10 bucks off all BFG's
15 bucks off all Michelins
12.50 off all Bridgestones (for as long as they are still selling them from
the showroom, they WILL NOT special order any more of these)

The next tire sale for Canadian Costco stores will likely be between late
March and early May.
Oh, and the 31's will definitely be a special order, but as long as you
order them during the sale period, you get the sale price.

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>On Tue, February 7, 2006 4:24 pm, Jay & Dana said:
> >
> > I'm kinda thinking BFG's. How can Bridgestone justify these prices when
> > thought BFG was the expensive dudes?
>
>Clearly the word's gotten out about the Revos and demand has increased, so
>they figure they'll charge whatever price they can get away with. I was
>looking at the Revos a while back on Tire Rack when they were $112 per tire
>in
>the goofy 265/70R16 size our 2001 uses. Now that they're up to $142 per
>tire,
>I don't think so. I'm seriously considering a set of Kumhos ($84 per),
>they
>got pretty good reviews on the site, and from what I've found in the
>archives
>they seem to work well for people around here.
>
>I know shipping across the border from the Tire Rack probably isn't an
>option,
>but how much have you shopped around? Does Costco sell Bridgestones?
>(Adam?)
> A membership might pay for itself in a hurry if they do.
>
>I seem to remember an online tire store that was in Canada, but I have no
>idea
>what it would have been, or if they've gone out of business. I'll see if I
>can dig it up.
>
>--
>Jason Bleazard

.