1946 Dakota project again

From: Bob (64ragtop@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 00:41:37 EST

Thanks to Bill White, the only respondent to my inquiry about Dakota
wheelbases, track widths, etc.
With his guidance, I found the FAQ section and the table with the info I
needed. I'm looking at a Dak
on ebag not too far away from me, but can't tell if it's a long or short
bed from the photos. The owner
doesn't know which it is either (???) He says he tried to put a tonneau
cover from a Ranger on his Dak,
but it was about two feet too short. I would guess that means his Dak
is a longbed, but is there anything
on a datatag, or other truck feature that would tell for sure?

Thanks muchly!

BC

.
.