Re: '46 Dakota project

From: Bob (64ragtop@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 01:59:48 EST

Thanks for the responses, folks

> jon@dakota-truck.net Wrote:
>....however unless the photos are really crappy you should be able to tell
>which it is.
>.....if a Ranger tonneau cover was 2' too short - if it were the short bed, that would mean the Ranger's bed is 4'. Rangers are small trucks, but not quite *that*
>small. :-) However, that method of deductive reasoning does require
>you to rely on the memory of somebody who doesn't even know what kind
>of vehicle they own. ;-)

You may have noticed that ebag sellers are often NOT the most accurate
and descriptive ad writers!

>"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> Wrote:

..looking through the FAQ section I didn't find any wheelbase info....

>....you might suggest to the owner/seller of the Dak to acquire and learn
>to use a tape measure. There's a good bit of difference between 6.5' and
>8' so even if he has trouble using it accurately inside the bed, *you*
>should still be able to determine which size it is.

My error, the data wasn't in FAQ, but in "General Dakota Information".
He was gonna measure it and
get back to me "after church". I'm not sure what day he observes the
Sabbath.

 Don <y2kota@y2kota.us> Wrote:

>One thing you will need to do is post photos as your doing your 1946
>Dakota.

I do plan to post pics. I'm on the digest mode, guess I need to set
for individual messages to post photos like on the YEEHAW groups???

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |