Back from autoshow!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 13:38:48 EST

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/tomchallenger.jpg

Woohooo!!! That car ROCKS! I MUST OWN ONE!

Funny story about that pic there. They have people with cameras set up
at many cars around the show, and you can get free photos taken and
retrive them online - after filling out a survey, naturally.

When I stepped up to get my phoo taken, the woman at the camera asked me
"are you here with an adult?" I was like .. what? She asked me
again... I leaned over and said I'm 24! She turned bright red LOL
Started apologizing and said I didn't look that old. Seems a better way
to get your subject to smile good than "say cheese!" (I was still
laughing when she snapped the pic)

When I walked up to get the pic card, I said "I'm almost 25!" She was
still red faced and laughed and said well when you get old you won't
look your age then LOL

Sheesh! I shouldn't have shaved prior to the show I guess!

I took zillions of photos of the Challenger.. and some of the other
interesting stuff there. I didn't have a whole lot of time - only a few
hours actually.. because I had to drive home the same day that I went to
the show. So I didn't get a real large variety of photos. The Hondas,
the Lexus', the Land Rovers don't really appeal to me.

The Daimler Chrysler tracks were alive with force again - with people
lined up for hours and hours all day long to get to ride in the D.C cars
and trucks. I captured a few avi's of them. They had a Ram SRT-10 quad
cab there - and on the "performance" track - they launched you off a
green light - down what must have been a few hundrid foot long track and
then they slam on the brakes LOL the SRT-10 Quad kept screaching the
tires. They also had the Jeep course again... water, rocks, dirt
mounts, inclines, decents etc. There was a pic in Saturdays Chicago
Tribune of Chicago Mayor Richie Daley going down the course in a
Wrangler! lol

As the jeeps came up over the top of the hill - once again I couldn't
resist - and hollered out a healthy "give'er!" - and drew stares from
people around hehehehe...

The Hummer exhibit was a joke :)

I'll see if I can get the pics online soon... but my AOL web space is
running out. Anyone voulneteer to host em for me?

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'