Hinged soft tonneaus?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 08:36:32 EST

Hey all-

   I know we've been through it before, but I don't want to miss any
options. I'm looking for a tonneau cover for my new truck. I had a
sportmasters hinged slantside on my old truck, and it was great. It's
one of those framed vinyl covers that clamps to the bed, but that one
has a latch at the back that lets you quickly lift the top like a hard
tonneau. You can also just roll the tonneau forward like a regular
vinyl one. It looks like the Extang FullTilt is similar but has some
neat features. I'll have to see if I can see one of those in person.

   I've also seen a "Torza-top" which is a soft tonneau that is in three
sections. You can fold the back two sections over the first section.
It doesn't sound quite as versatile or easy-to-use as the hinged
slant-side, but it is easier to remove completely. It looks like the
Extang Trifecta is very similar, but I haven't seen one of those up close.

   Do you guys have any suggestions for similar models to look at? This
is for an 05 quad cab. I'm not interested in any tonneau that I can't
roll up (in case I'm some place and need to haul a tall load) nor do I
like the aluminum "rollup" covers with the spool that mounts at the
front of the bed.

Thanks,
Korey
.