Re: i am back...need help already

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 18:22:53 EST

Thanks for the advice...yeah the symptom of the brake
and ABS light being lit up in dash and it not
registering speeds before 30 mph was fixed last time
with the rear wheel speed sensor. This time the ABS
and Brake light come on, but not ALL the Time!
Usually after a bump. My speedo now, registers low
speeds but at freeway speeds it jumps up and down
about +/- 10 mphs of what I could possibly be going.
So I'll throw a rear speed sensor at it since THATS
cheap.
Those front ABS Sensors sound crazy!!

--- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Alberto Aguirre Jr wrote:
> > very little play as in it brakes very quickly
> without
> > much brake pedal travel? No, not that I have
> noticed,
> > the application of the brakes seems normal until I
> > step on a crack, Houston Streets suck! Then I'll
> feel
> > pulsating, remiscent of ABS initiating. Only
> times I
> > experienced ABS was under extreme braking like in
> > avoiding hitting a guy taking a light. Not in
> normal
> > brakeing coming up to a light. I am gonna go with
> the
> > rear-wheel speed sensor. Cheap and easy, except
> it
> > seems only dealer service and parts has it. I
> tried
> > Advance and Auto Zone and they only carry the
> Tranny
> > Speed Sensor. Oreilly's site isnt working for me.
> >

> The sensor in the rear differential monitors rear
> wheel speed only.
>
> I guess I was assuming you have 4 wheel ABS? You
> won't notice
> pulsations in the brake pedal with rear wheel ABS on
> our trucks. The
> nature of drum brakes, and the design of the system
> does not produce
> that pulsation. Electronicly controlled front ABS
> (disc) systems do.
> These systems use pulses in the system to "pump" the
> brakes to prevent
> loss of control associated with lock up. Ford
> Rangers and Chevy
> Colorados are prime examples. Say what you want
> about those trucks but
> I really like their 4 wheel ABS systems. I have 4
> wheel ABS on my RAM
> and its no where near as effective as the systems on
> the other trucks.
>
> You have wheel a speed sensor (in a 4 wheel ABS
> system) in the unit hub
> bearing assembly at each front wheel. This is part
> of the reason these
> bearings cost $200. Its the sensors up front in the
> bearings that I
> would check out if you suspect an ABS problem.
> Check the connection
> plugs, check the wires to see if they are damaged.
> If you have a faulty
> sensor... I believe the entire bearing has to be
> replaced. I do not
> think the sensors are removable.
>

> --

> Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
> 75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
> 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/
> AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine
>
> .
> .

> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.