Re: Re: How Many Child Seats?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 17:51:58 EST

Art DiRamio wrote:
> The narrower seats will help, but it's going to be a tight squeeze. When
> cinching those seats down, there is not a lot of room to be connecting them,
> plus the 60/40 split will make the midle seat's stability questionable. I
> think the older child in the booster will need a shoulder strap, so couldn't
> go in the middle. Don't forget the child lock, as mine (5yo) has opened the
> doors while we were in the garage. I was not amused...

Oops - I apologize. I forgot the Gen III's don't have a shoulder belt
in the back middle seat (my '05 does). Definitely need that for a
booster. My son's new forward facing seat fits in the middle just fine
on mine, and has plenty of base support. From what I've read, 80% of
the car seat base must contact the base of the vehicle seat (no surprise
we couldn't use the club cab!).

Turns out I was crazy. I discussed narrow seats with the wife once, but
she says she didn't come up with any. I'll let you know if I find
anything else out.

Korey

.
.