Re: Its baaaaack

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 02:19:24 EST

To be honest, I think the karma train derailed sometime last Friday when
I went to the auto show. I caught myself at the toyota display looking
at a tacoma and actually thinking about tradind in the 05!

Life throws stuff at ya, sometimes in little peices and sometimes in big
ol globs... you just gotta know how to throw it back! :)

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT
98 3.9 Sport

Terrible Tom wrote:

> I think I might have inadvertantly let "HIM" outta the box. The
> "pandoras box"...
>
> Those who have been around long enough know what I mean... for those who
> don't know... JUST DON'T ASK!!!!
>
> I was browsing the archives Monday on my day off... looking for info on
> swapping Gen III seats into my Gen II... and I stumbled upin the posts
> detailing the events surrounding R/T when... when you know...
>
> And the next day the Neon blew its guts out...
>
> Today - The Explorers drivers side rear tire was flat... I filled it up
> and drove to work - as I didn't have time to do anything else with it...
> After work it was just about flat again. So I swapped the full size
> spare in. I pulled a 2 1/2 inch hunk of rusty metal - about 3/8
> diameter... out of the tread... I seemed to have picked it up on the
> way home while towing the Neon back.
>
> Oh yeah I almost forgot - after I filled up the tire this morning and
> got back on the road - I looked down at the gauges - and saw a red light
> on... the PARKING BRAKE was fully depressed - and I was DOING 75!!
>
> The parking brake (small shoes inside a drum cast into a rotor, 4 wheel
> disc) has been rendered usless. I don't even remember setting it.. I
> havn't a clue how long it was on. The warning light has a mind of its
> own because it wasn't on before!
>
> I'm afraid to go to work tomarrow... Everyone - park your trucks and
> leave em sit until this passes!!!
.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |