'98 trans/transfer case seals?

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 19:56:21 EST

Hey guys,

        My brother called me today and asked how hard it is to
change the xfer case seals as he thinks his is leaking. He
was quoted $1200 from a mechanic by him. That sounded a
little crazy to me. My Dak is 2wd some I am not even 100%
sure how the 4x4 set up is on his Dak. What would be
involved in changing the seals in the trans and the xfer
case if we have to do both? Also where can I check for
recalls? Where the '98s part of the ball joint recall
thing? He thinks he is having issues with one of his ball
joints. Thanks!

-Joe

.
.