Tips on installing front coil spring??

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 06:42:03 EST

I have the front end of 95 dakota torn apart. I've replaced the ball joints
and several bushings. Now it's time to install the coil spring. Any tips
on installing?? I tried last night. But the strut spring compressors I got
front autozone just weren't doing the job. I think I need to get a coil
spring compressor. Hopefully that will make it easier. Can I keep the
lower control arm bolted up?? The FSM mentions something of removing the
lower control arm. When I had it apart I could not get the bolts out
holding it. It seemed they were bound in the rubber bushing. I guess if I
have to take them out I can take the torch to them... Any tips would be
appreciated.. Then it's on to the new drop spindles...
Thanks,

Mike K
94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed