Re: 4.7L 2000 Dodge Dakota CC

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 13:10:47 EST

What's masonite? The plastic adapter rings
($14.99/set value) were free for me on crutchfield as
well as the adapter to factory wire harness($9/set
value). This is usually free from them, I basically
screwed the speaker to the ring and the ring has the 3
tabs that line up with factory speaker bolt locations.
Viola, easy as pie. Pay attention that one tab is
longer than other 2. You may need some of that double
stick foam seal tape, if you feel you need it, because
its not included. My Kenwood 6.5" were 49.99/set.

Alberto Aguirre Jr

--- Josh Battles <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

> They should be 6.5" all around. You can fit 6.75"
> because the openings are
> oversized. I replaced all my factory ones with 6.5"
> and had to cut a
> masonite ring so I'd have something to mount them
> to. I believe you can also
> get some adapter rings from Crutchfield, but
> masonite is much cheaper.
>
> --
> - Josh
> www.omg-stfu.com
>
> This message has been brought to you by the American
> Kneejerk Coalition for
> Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic
> Unity of Self And Other
> Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or
> AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |