RE: Starting problems

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 15:35:35 EST

Sounds like the dreaded fuel pump...

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Jay & Dana
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:58 PM
To: DML
Subject: DML:Starting problems

Hey Guys,

2 out of the last 4 days the Dak (97, 318) has been difficult to start in
the mornings. I'll have to keep the go pedal right to the floor for it to
start and then keep lightly pumping it to keep it from stalling for a couple

minutes, then it seems to run fine. The middle 2 days there were no
problems, started right up as it should. Pulled the codes on the odometer
and I got only the usual 12 and 55. Any ideas? Would the cam or crank
position sensor affect this, IAC? The weird thing about it is that the 2
days in the middle it started and ran fine.

TIA
-Jay

.
.