Re: RE: OT: Got a new one for you!

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 22:11:06 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: DML: RE: OT: Got a new one for you!

> Which part? The $90 to diagnose, or the warranty refusal? If the
> latter - why should it be a warranty item? The warranty covers
> manufacturer's defects - a rodent making himself at home in your engine
> doesn't sound like a defect to me.

Exactly, Or was that defect caused by a factory installed rodent? LOL. In
any case, yes the rates are high; Hell, even I working at a dealership just
paid $40 for 9 minutes work to get a key programmed for a customer.. But
that's just the way it is.
I see similar scenarios all the time; The dealer is supposed to return it
back to original; there is too much liability in patching things.
Guys complain that the AT behind the CTD won't hold and they've had the
dealer fix it so many times.. and yet the trans shops know a few minor mods
that make them hold up to so much more.
whether it's right or wrong, that's how the dealers are required to fix
things.
My $.02 worth
Aaron W

> On 3/8/2006 17:40, Rick Barnes wrote:
> > Oh man, that's a scream! Freakin' stealerships..and they wonder why
they
> > aren't selling cars.
> >
> > Rascal

.