Re: redline/royal purple rear end oil numbers....

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 01:15:19 EST

<snip> 1. how much do I need? 2 quarts right?

Yep. Front & rear punkins each take a little less than 2 qts...

<snip> 2. I was told last time to buy 2 cans of brake cleaner and spray the
internals
 real good, to get those teeth real clean :) advice still applies?<snip>

Nothing wrong with that...I've done it three times now - each time I changed
out the fluids, & as long as you wait til everything air dries, you
shouldn't have a problem...Unless of course you try it with a lit cigarette
in your mouth or you inhale the toxic fumes...I let everything run into my
oil change pan, clean the magnets, reapply RTV silicone & fill it til it
just runs out of the plug hole...
Just my .02K...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed