Re: RE: stickers = street racer

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 11:33:00 EST

On 3/14/06, Rick Barnes <rascal@scrtc.com> wrote:

> Gustapo! California Department of Automotive Repair? Man, California is SO
> screwed up. No wonder its population is actually going down...the guy is
> doing nothing wrong, not speeding, driving dangerously, just minding his own
> business and gets pulled over and picked on. Reminds me of my days as an
> old biker when cops just pulled us over to hassle us. They won't do it
> anymore cause so many attorneys ride Harleys now. Oh yeah, I was a Miami,
> FL cop at one time....never did this crap to anyone. Its just another way
> to screw with people and generate revenue. How does Leno get away with
> driving his Toronado?

Keep in mind that this is a training video.

The officer pulled the car over initially for a true violation - CA
law (like many states) requires both front and rear plates, the car
only had a rear. Pretty low on the scale of offenses, but it's still
a violation. He then uses this opportunity to find other possible
violations. *This happens all the time*. A broken taillight is an
excuse to check an otherwise normal driver for drunk driving. And so
on.

The real question is, was the driver legally required to submit to the
search, or could he have refused?

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |