Re: Lockup Vibration

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 12:47:21 EST

If the tranny fluid has been changed recently and ATF+3 or ATF+4 wasn't used
then it could be the fluid. I changed the fluid inmy 89 once with Dextron 3 and
the vibration was so bad that I didn't even get around the block. Swapped in
the ATF+3 immediately problem solved.

Dave Clement

In article <001101c645d9$16c3d370$0302a8c0@dell>, jcalder3@cfl.rr.com ("Jamie
Calder") writes:

> I have a bad vibration problem that happens only when the 42RH goes into
> lockup. Speed and RPM doesn't matter. It stops vibrating only when it comes
> out of lockup (tapping brakes, downshifting etc.) and no other gear.
> I suppose this can only be a bad converter or are there other possibilities?
>
> Thanks,
> James

.
.