RE: RE: Valvoline ATF+4 at Autozone.

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:18:52 EST

Hey Tim, the latest issue of MOPAR magazine has a big article on ATF+4.

I quote..."While ATF+4 is used in late model vehicles built since 2001,
there are many applications prior to this date in which ATF+4 can be used.
Remember, ATF+4 must always be used in vehicles that were originally filled
with ATF+4."

Basically they said ATF+4 is compatible with ATF+, ATF+2 and ATF+3. Outside
of vehicles that came with ATF+4, you can still use the earlier products (if
you can find them). Mopar just feels the +4 is better.

For instance, my 2000 Grand Cherokee came with ATF+3 and a Mopar Tech friend
told me it would be fine to continue using 3 in it when I changed the fluid
and filters. If I wanted to spend the extra $ I could switch to 4. My
choice....and I have to say there have been no problems racing or towing
with this Jeep with ATF+3. But, that is what it came with.

Just saw another message from you Tim...yes, ATF+4 *was* only available from
the dealer.

Ray

.
.