RE: Anyone going to Nashville,Tn in June...Food For Thought

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 16:13:59 EST

My oldest son, (now 30 years old), and I would watch the Dukes every Friday
night. He loved that Charger and had several of the little plastic models
of the GL.
The Autoshow came to Atlanta one year and I took him down to it and he got
to meet and get the autograph of Sorrell Brooke who was an absolutely
charming man.
When John Schneider went to the screen test for the part of one of the Duke
boys, he was not from the South but thought it would add authenticity to say
that he was...he did not know where to say he was from, so he picked up a
map and stuck his finger down on a little town and used that for his initial
interview...the town? Snellville, GA from where I lived for 23 years. John
got the part and when that story got out, adopted him as their favorite Son.
He came to be the Grand Marshall of the annual Snellville Daze Parade many
times and he too is a delightful, and talented, man. We met him many times
and he could not have been more gracious to his adopted town.

Just a fun story....those were some fun times...

Rascal