Stacks & emissions

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 13:18:12 EST

I'm curious about emissions laws (specifically in CT, but also other
states) and if pickups with custom exhaust stacks can pass. Do any
DMLers have severely modified exhaust that passes emissions? Obviously
there's going to be a difference between the plug-in type emissions
test for newer vehicles and the tailpipe sniffer test for older
vehicles. Not that I'm considering it, but if I had my exhaust pipes
routed up through the front of the bed into stacks (complete with cats
and mufflers), would the emissions shop look at it and say "FAIL!" or
would they actually stick the sniffers down the stacks to test?

Also, anyone who's got stacks like this, how loud are they right behind the cab?

Just curious!

Don
89 Dakota Convertible 4x4 (behind the ragtop... yeah THAT would be loud)
74 Dart Sport 340 (delightfully loud with the y-pipes open :)
CT

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |