Re: RE: Tire Chains

From: DML Newsgroups (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 18:54:46 EST

I got tire chanins that I just picked up coming down the pass in Reno, NV.
I needed them because I was towing an empty 25' trailer.

I drove 15 miles with them and had no problems. Of course, they were real
chains "custom fixed" for my tires (32x11.5r15). They had the
self-adjusting key on them that really tightened them to the tire.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

""Mr. Plow"" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You should put on the chains then try flexing out the suspension and see
> where you're at then.
> Sure, they may look like there's tons of room while te truck is sitting
> flat on your driveway, but maybe hitting a big bumps, or several in a row
> might cause the chains to shred your sheet metal...
>

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....
>

>>From: "Rick Barnes" <rascal@scrtc.com>
>>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>>Subject: DML: RE: Tire Chains
>>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:54:39 -0600
>>

>>That's nothing, my owner's manual says, "Drive Responsibly"...fat chance
>>of
>>that...
>>If you have clearance, do it if you want to unless you plan to sue Dodge,
>>or
>>me if they screw up your Dak.
>>
>>Rascal

.