Re: Good news, bad news

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 16:54:12 EDT

On Fri, May 5, 2006 3:15 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> : Barry Oliver wrote:
> :> Good news, I now theoretically have time off work to go to the National
> :> meet.
> :> Bad news, I can't really afford it because I am now unemployed. Ugh.
> :>
> [...]
> : I would encourage you to join us out west for a week or so of
> : shenanigans and mayhem and take your mind off things. Pack light,
> : travel light, and take a while to rest, relax and have fun!
>
> : The major cost to someone who has a properly operating truck is just
> : going to be fuel. I estimate the round trip fuel costs to be between
> : $550-$650 for an approximate round trip distance of 2300 miles.
>
> : I dunno - I may have just talked you out of coming, Barry - but I hope I
> : encouraged you instead hehe. We still have camp spots open in DML HQ!!
>

> Yep, it would be cool if you could make it out! Don't you have a
> BMW or something? That aught to be better on the gas. Heck, you've
> got the bike, right? A 5% cash-back gas credit card, a sleeping bag
> and pup tent strapped to the bike, and you are good to go! ;-) As
> far as the trail riding at the meet itself goes, I'm sure some of us
> will have some available seats. You've got to eat no matter where you
> are, might as well do it at the meet instead of at home! The
> main expense would be the travel and lodging. (Heh - I can't decide if
> I'm just really helpful or a bad influence.) ;-)

Even if he wanted to carry more gear that'd be cool too. I'd be willing to
bet I can fit whatever gear won't fit on the bike in the bed of my Dak.

Barry, if you'd like to do this give me a call and we'll work out a way for
me to pick up your stuff.

> Seriously though, sorry to hear about the job, I hope that works
> out for you, and if you do manage to figure a way out to the
> meet, that would be pretty cool. :-) Good luck with everything!

Indeed. Sorry to hear that you're no longer with SF, I hope you find
something soon.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'