re:Clickety-click sound when turning hard right

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 20:23:59 EDT

Have you serviced the rear differential lately ?
I serviced my LSD unit and didn't have enough friction modifier in it and
when I turned hard it sounded like the front wheel bearings were locking
up but it was the rear end chattering. I replaced the lube and added 2
bottles of Mopar stuff and that fixed it.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,
Jardine 3" catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Tow pkg

>Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Dan Kramarsky <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML: Clickety-click sound when turning hard right
>
>Ok, i have a bit of a mystery i discovered on Mothers Day.....
>
>When ever I make a fast and hard right turn, such as zipping up and down
the aisles of a
>parking lot, I here a clickety-click sound that doesnt come from the
wheels. It sounds
>like engine or tranny or something else down below but forward of the
driver's position.
>It may even be the fan. Is this possible?
>
>ps. it has to be pretty fast and hard right. if i go slow and
hard-right i get no
>clickey-click sound.
>
>in other words: i need high lateral Gs to make the sound occur.>
>
>- -dan

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |