Re: Was: Thought it wwas my tires making the noise. Now: FOD and Skydiving

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 14:23:59 EDT

(me banging head slowly on wall) The planes I worked
on didn't have parachutes for the crew. At least not
on a regular basis. Only when they were scheduled to
fly into a hazardous COMBAT zone. Next time you go up
in one of those fine Air Force transports, you know
like the C-130 Hercules, C-141 Starlifter, or the C-5
Galaxy, ask the load master if they or any member of
the crew have parachutes. If they say no, I
respectfully request you leave yours on the ground
until you can be safely re-united with it. See?
Staying with a perfectly good flyable aircraft DOES
make sense!

Ray

--- Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Nothing personal, but having met many aircraft
> mechainics, I refuse to
> get into an Airforce plane without a parachute. Dem
> things are
> hazardous... You wear a seatbelt in a car, right?
> You wear a helmet
> on a motorcycle, right? If the PILOT has a
> parachute, I damn skippy
> need one too.

.
.