Re: Re: Brake Problem

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 14:29:31 EDT

DAKSY wrote:
> Hey, Gary...
>
> Have you tried applying the parking brake while you're stopped? If she
> doesn't move with the P-brake on, you can probably narrow it down to the
> front brakes...
> No "sponginess" in the pedal? Maybe you've got some air & have to bleed the
> brake lines...
> Or maybe your rear shoes are gone/need adjustment
> It may be time for a brake booster, but your symptoms don't sound anything
> like what Rascal or I had to deal with...
> HTH,
>
> Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
> 2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed
> 2K05 HD 883C YP
>
> WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

The pedal doesn't seem to be spongy, although compared to the 05 the
pedal goes down further.

I'm not sure the rear brakes are the culprit, when it happens, it just
seems for a split second the brakes lets up and the truck rolls.

I'll have to try it with the parking brake today if it doesn't rain.

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9
05 Dakota CC SLT 4.7
www.garyhedlin.com